WW3? Trump sends thousands of US troops to North Korean border in clear provocation
Saturday, 19 August 2017

The daring move from Washington and Seoul follows "Armageddon trade" between Pyongyang and the Pentagon over Kim Jong-un’s threat to blast US territory Guam should Washington initiates an attack, which looked as though it was reaching boiling point last week.

But when Donald Trump warned the US is “locked and loaded”, ready to respond to any strike, tensions simmered.

Yet when troops land on the peninsula, just miles form Jong-un’s territory, explosive consequences are feared.

A staggering 80,000 troops will be involved in the military drills along with hundreds of thousands of "first responders". This "exercise" can quickly turn into an offensive attack. Chinese media has even suggested a staged false flag which will result in US and South Korea utilizing the 80,000 troops to launch an attack on the North. If someone knows a thing or two about false flags, it would be the USA...

The Ulchi-Freedom Guardian war games are computerised command and control exercises which take place every other year.

So-called defensive exercises between the two nations are the world’s largest - and will simulate warfare with North Korea.

But this year, it will be amid huge tensions over a nuclear war - which has, at times, appeared on the verge of kicking off.

Experts have claimed the drills taking place from August 21 to 31, are more important than ever, while they are rejected by China.

Official Beijing has warned Washington it will not allow North Korea turned into another vassal state serving the interests of Corporate America, nor will it allow a "regime change" as the White House has often stated. China even when as far to openly state it will fight the US if Trump carries out an attack on North Korea.

North Korean state media was quick to condemn the games, saying they will “further drive the situation on the Korean Peninsula into a catastrophe”.

Scott Snyder, a Korea specialist with the influentual Council on Foreign Relations, said: “Over the course of the next two weeks I expect tensions to escalate. 

“This is always a sensitive issue, but it is more hair-trigger as the North Koreans are very sensitive to the likely additional nuclear-capable aircraft flyovers.”

China’s Global Times newspaper, carried an editorial over the United States and South Korea games which will go ahead from Monday.

The newspaper said: “The drill will definitely provoke Pyongyang more, and Pyongyang is expected to make a more radical response. 

“If South Korea really wants no war on the Korean Peninsula, it should try to stop this military exercise.”

Bu can it? The US currently has 12 bases and defacto controls the behavior of South Korea and Japan and since Trump took the White House, has been vocal over the territorial dispute in the South China Sea.  According to the Americans, it is them who should control the waters by the Chinese coast. China seems to disagree.

In the last games, in 2015, North Korea and South Korea exchanged fire over their joint border.

Putin himself quipped past week during a Q&A session in Sochi that Washington is not interested in North Korea's alleged nukes, but instead want the $6-$10 trillion worth of natural resources available on N. Korean territory.

Russia themselves border North Korea and will likely not sit idly should the situation on their border escalates.

 



Widget is loading comments...


Latest News